If a car gives you comfort and connectivity, then it is your duty to treat your car like a baby. After a long run, every car part needs some care. You should consider Every big or small car problem immediately. If you drive a Toyota Corolla, then you should take care of it. But how can you get to know that there is some issue with your Corolla? That’s why the maintenance light is always there to inform you that your car needs servicing. After the servicing, if the light is still on, then how can we reset the maintenance light of the Toyota Corolla?
In this blog, we are going to discuss how to turn off the maintenance light of the Toyota Corolla.
Good servicing sessions are crucial for keeping your Corolla fine. When the maintenance light appears on the dashboard, you should pay attention to your car.
However, sometimes the maintenance light stays turned on even after servicing. Now, if you want to reset the maintenance light of the Toyota Corolla, then you just have to follow these steps.
- Insert your car’s keys into the ignition but don’t start it.
- There will be a trip reset button on the Odometer.
- Press and hold the Trip reset button.
- Hold it until “Trip A” appears on the screen.
- In the next step, just turn off the key.
- Then turn the key on again.
- Press and hold the Trip reset button until the odometer flashes Zero.
- In this way, a user can turn off the maintenance light of the Toyota Corolla.
Maintenance light simply means that maintenance is required for Toyota Corolla. As soon as it flashes, you should pay attention to your Toyota.
How To Turn Off the Toyota Corolla Maintenance Light with A Color Display?
If you have such a Corolla that has a color multi-information display, you may follow other steps to reset the maintenance light. The steps are as follows.
- Put your key in place and your car in the ignition position.
- If you have a push-button ignition, then put your food on the brake and press the start button twice.
- On the multi-information display, you have to select the “COG” icon.
- In the next step, a window will appear in front of you. Among all the options, you have to select “scheduled maintenance.”
- Then, just select and press “ok” to confirm your step.
- Give enough time for the program to run, and the maintenance light will turn off.
Most of the time, maintenance light gets turned on because of transmission or engine. if there is any issue with your transmission then you can do a transmission replacement. and if there is any serious issue with your engine, then you can perform a engine replacement. An engine replacement cost is comparatively high than the transmission.
A car engine is the most important part of a car’s body. It gives the car enough power to perform like a beast on the road. The car’s performance completely depends on the engine. So, if any issue happens with the engine, the overall performance of the car will be affected. It’s not only about the engine; every part requires maintenance. Any small or big internal issue should be considered immediately. But how can you get to know that there is an issue? The maintenance light is always there to let you know that your car needs proper servicing. As for the engine specifications, the check engine light of the Toyota Corolla is always there. But in which situations, the maintenance light turns on?
- The maintenance light can indicate several internal problems like oil changes, filter replacements, and other problems.
- It activates within every 5000 miles. After 4500 miles of driving, the maintenance light turns on and blinks for a few seconds every time you start your car.
- When you reach 5000 miles of driving, it constantly gets turned on. You can count this as the Toyota Corolla maintenance schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can drive. But experts do not suggest this because maintenance lights give a signal that your Corolla needs servicing.
➢Insert your car’s keys into the ignition but no need to start it.
➢There will be a trip reset button on the Odometer.
➢Press and hold the Trip reset button.
➢Hold it until “Trip A” appears on the screen.
➢In the next step, just turn off the key.
➢Then turn the key on again.
➢Press and hold the Trip reset button until the odometer flashes Zero.
Maintenance light is all about giving your car a little bit of care and comfort. If your 2016 Toyota Corolla is saying maintenance is required, that means you should take your car to service. This can also indicate a problem like an oil change, brake replacement, etc.
Generally, the Toyota corolla needs a service as you drive it 5000 miles. After 4500 miles of driving, the maintenance light turns on and blinks for a few seconds every time you start your car. When you reach 5000 miles of driving, it constantly gets turned on.