A car without a pair of good headlight bulbs is kind of blind at night. Headlights give a vision to the car. It does not matter how good your engine or car looks, headlights add the last full stop to your safety. So, you just cannot compromise with them. If you have a faulty pair of headlight bulbs, you should always consider replacing them. The brightness or the color tone should be appropriate for the best driving experience. This blog will discuss the replacement of 2014 Honda accord headlight bulb.
Honda Accord gives you a prominent feeling of driving a luxurious sedan. But what if its headlight bulbs start to flicker or give you problems? For this reason, you should know about the Honda Accord headlight bulb replacement process.
Possible Scenarios of Honda Accord Headlight Bulb Replacement
Honda Accord has a pair of headlight bulbs on each side, the higher and lower beams. Honda Accord uses 9005 headlight bulbs as a high beam and H11 as the common beam headlight bulbs. But what type of problem should appear for replacing Honda Accord headlight bulbs? You can replace your accord’s headlight bulbs with halogen, HID, or LED bulbs.
- You should replace a headlight bulb after an average of 2000-3000 hours.
- If the emitted light from the bulbs is not enough to see clearly in the dark, consider replacing them.
- When the headlights start to flicker, you should have a look at them.
- If any headlight bulbs are burned out or the lens is broken, you should change them immediately.
- Sometimes, headlight bulbs are not the problem. It’s the headlight circuit that is playing a bad role. Try to fix a failed headlight circuit to remove headlight problems.
If you are dealing with these problems, you should replace the headlight bulbs of your Honda Accord.
Proper Process of Honda Accord Headlight Bulb Replacement
If you are facing problems with your Accord’s 9005 or H11, here’s how can you replace them? You can end up going to a professional mechanic, but if you want to do it on your own, then you should follow these steps.
- Park your car on a flat surface. Make sure that you have turned off your headlight bulbs and vehicle. Just remove the keys from the ignition.
- Use primary and auxiliary latches to open up the hood.
- Look at the back of the assembly containing the faulty headlight bulb.
- The headlight bulb is connected to the wires through a connector lab. Push the lower part of the lab, the connector will separate from the lightbulb.
- Twist the old bulb counter clockwise and take it out from the assembly. You must be careful as it’s fragile.
- Now you need to do is install a new bulb, but you must wear a pair of latex or Vinyl gloves.
- Connect the new bulb and reattach the wire.
- Now turn the headlights on and test both of them to see if they are properly working or not.
By following these steps, you can successfully replace your Honda Accord’s headlight bulbs.
Essential Factors to Keep in Mind While Replacing a Headlight Bulb
You have to keep some things in mind while replacing a headlight bulb.
- If you cannot see the filament of the bulb, then it should be tested first to see if there is power in the bulb or not.
- You should replace your Halogen lamps in pairs.
- Always look forward to the watt of the bulb.
- The color composition and warmth should be judged correctly.
- Always go for low-battery consumption bulbs.
- Every part of the assembly is important. So don’t just replace the bulb. You should look after the fuses, connections, and all components.
What is the Cost of Replacing the 2014 Honda Accord Headlights?
A 2017 Honda Accord uses a Sylvania-9005 Basic halogen headlight bulb.
The average cost of the Hyundai Elantra Headlight Replacement depend on the parts and labor charges..
Labor charges approximately go around $30-$38, and the parts cost $20- $50. So, the overall headlight bulb replacement cost can be $50 to $70.
Now, if we talk about availability, you can get it from local shops or dealers. Otherwise, you can get it from many trusted online websites like Auto Vehicle Parts. If you choose to buy used parts, you can save dollars on them. Auto Vehicle Parts is a trusted website that sells used car parts that are in good condition.
In the end, Honda Accord headlight bulbs should be changed properly. They are one of the most important parts of a car’s body. And you should always remember to care for every little prospect while replacing a pair of headlight bulbs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally, the cost of a 2014 Honda Accord headlight bulb goes around $50-$60. Labors charge between $30-$40, while parts cost around $20.
A standard headlight lasts around 5 years. But in some cars, manufacturers give a lifetime warranty of one bulb.
Yes, you can surely replace a headlight bulb by yourself. All you need to know is the proper steps and to follow them one by one.
☛You can replace a headlight in Honda Accord by following these easy steps
☛Turn off your car and open the hood.
☛Find the faulty bulb in the back of the assembly and detach it from the connector lab and wires.
☛Rotate it anti-clockwise and take it out.
☛Pet the new bulb in and attach the lab to the new bulb.
☛Test the new bulb to see its’ performance.